Having a baby is a life-changer! I am doing and saying things that I never thought I would do or say. I am not doing things and not saying things that I always thought I would do or say (say what??).
In case you are wondering how you might be able to tell if you’re the father (or the mother for that matter) of a newborn baby, below are some observations from the Unexpected Dad household that might give you some clues.
You might be the father of a newborn if:
- You have your alarm set for a 2:00am “feeding”.
- You know what I’m talking about when I say “Sniff Test”.
- You could swaddle in your sleep (if you got any sleep).
- You know what swaddling is.
- You have cases of diapers and wipes on a shelf in your basement/garage.
- You start using the word “cute” to describe clothes (baby clothes).
- You joined “Amazon Mom” and are ok with it.
- A family outing consists of a trip to the pediatrician.
- You have entire conversations about poop.
- You make up songs about poop and sing them to your child.
- Night of the Living Dead has a whole different meaning.
- You wonder what formula and/or breast milk taste like (but are reluctant to try it).
- There is a newborn baby in your house.
I write about the rather unexpected journey of fatherhood, please join me!