I love breakfast! Especially fried eggs, toast, hash browns and bacon. What better way to enjoy this classic egg breakfast than to have it in the form of a sandwich; you’ll get a taste of everything in every bite! It takes about 15-20 minutes to make, depending on how well you time everything. This recipe assumes a couple things: You know how to cook bacon and you know how to make a fried egg over-medium.
A couple notes on the ingredients: No, egg substitute is NOT OK. No, you cannot use turkey “bacon”. Yes, you must use butter. Yes, Tabasco Sauce is a key ingredient.
- 1 Egg
- 2 Slices Bread
- 1 Cup Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 Slice Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Slices Bacon
- Tabasco Sauce
- Canola Oil
- Cook the bacon (if you don’t know how to cook bacon, this recipe isn’t for you).
- Cook the hash brown potatoes as directed in a frying pan.
- When the hash browns are about half done, melt some butter in another frying pan and crack the egg in the pan.
- The egg should be cooked over-medium. Before flipping the egg, break the yolk, then flip.
- Put two slices of bread in the toaster and make toast. When toast is done, butter both slices.
- Add some pepper and a good amount of Tabasco Sauce to the egg; put a slice of sharp cheddar cheese on top.
- When the cheese on the egg is melted, remove from pan with spatula and place on slice of toast.
- Hash browns should be done. Put the hash browns on top of the egg, which is currently sitting on one of the slices of toast.
- Place bacon on top of the hash browns.
- Put other slice on toast on top. Cut in half.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee. You should also probably go to the gym that afternoon.
I write about the rather unexpected journey of fatherhood, please join me!